Directions:?In?this?section,?you?will?hear two long conversations……
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
1. A) The project the man managed at CucinTech.
B) The updating of technology at CucinTech.
C)The man’s switch to a new career.
D) The restructuring of her company.
2. A) Talented personnel.
B) Strategic innovation.
C) Competitive products.
D) Effective promotion.
3. A) Expand the market.
B) Recruit more talents.
C) Innovate constantly.
D) Watch out for his competitors.
4. A) Possible bankruptcy.
B) Unforeseen difficulties.
C) Conflicts within the company.
D) Imitation by one’s competitors.
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
5. A) The job of an interpreter.
B) The stress felt by professionals.
C) The importance of language proficiency.
D) The best way to effective communication.
6. A) Promising.
7. A) They all have a strong interest in language.
B) They all have professional qualifications.
C) They have all passed language proficiency tests.
D) They have all studied cross-cultural differences.
8. A) It requires a much larger vocabulary.
B) It attaches more importance to accuracy.
C) It is more stressful than simultaneous interpreting.
D) It puts one’s long-term memory under more stress.
ANSWER：1-4 ABCD 5-8 ABBC
Questions 9 to 11 are based on the passage you have just heard.?
9. A) It might affect mothers’ health.
B) It might disturb infants’ sleep.
C) It might increase the risk of infants, death.
D) It might increase mothers’ mental distress.
10. A) Mothers who breast-feed their babies have a harder time falling asleep.
B) Mothers who sleep with their babies need a little more sleep each night.
C) Sleeping patterns of mothers greatly affect their newborn babies’health.
D) Sleeping with infants in the same room has a negative impact on mothers.
11. A) Change their sleep patterns to adapt to their newborn babies’.
B) Sleep in the same room but not in the same bed as their babies.
C) Sleep in the same house but not in the same room as their babies.
D) Take precautions to reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
Questions 12 to 15 are based on the passage you have just heard.
12. A) A lot of native languages have already died out in the US.
B) The US ranks first in the number of endangered languages.
C) The efforts to preserve Indian languages have proved fruitless.
D) More money is needed to record the native languages in the US.
13. A) To set up more language schools.
B) To document endangered languages.
C) To educate native American children.
D) To revitalise America’s native languages.
14. A) The US govemment’s policy of Americanising Indian children.
B) The failure of American Indian languages to gain an official status.
C) The US government’s unwillingness to spend money educatingIndians.
D) The long-time isolation of American Indians from the outside world.
15. A) It is being utilised to teach native languages.
B) It tells traditional stories during family time.
C) It speeds up the extinction of native languages.
D) It is widely used in language immersion schools.
ANSWER：??9-11 CDB 12-15 ADAC
Directions: In this section, you will hear three recordings of lectures or talks followed by three or four questions......
Questions 16 to 18 are based on the recording you have just heard.
16. A) It pays them up to half of their previous wages while they look forwork.
B) It covers their mortgage payments and medical expenses for 99 weeks.
C) It pays their living expenses until they find employment again.
D) It provides them with the basic necessities of everyday life.
17. A) Creating jobs for the huge army of unemployed workers.
B) Providing training and guidance for unemployed workers.
C) Convincing local lawmakers to extend unemployment benefits.
D) Raising funds to help those having no unemployment insurance.
18. A) To offer them loans they need to start their own businesses.
B) To allow them to postpone their monthly mortgage payments.
C) To create more jobs by encouraging private investments in local companies.
D) To encourage big businesses to hire back workers with government subsidies.
Questions 19 to 22 are based on the recording you have just heard.
19. A) They measured the depths of sea water.
B) They analyzed the water content.
C) They explored the ocean floor.
D) They investigated the ice.
20. A) Eighty percent of the ice disappears in summer time.
B) Most of the ice was accumulated over the past centuries.
C) The ice ensures the survival of many endangered species.
D) The ice decrease is more evident than previously thought.
21. A) Arctic ice is a major source of the world’s fresh water.
B) The melting Arctic ice has drowned many coastal cities.
C) The decline of Arctic ice is irreversible.
D) Arctic ice is essential to human survival.
22. A) It will do a lot of harm to mankind.
B) There is no easy way to understand it.
C) It will advance nuclear technology.
D) There is no easy technological solution to it.
Questions 23 to 25 are based on the recording you have just heard.
23. A) The reason why New Zealand children seem to have better self-control.
B) The relation between children’s self-control and theirfuture success.
C) The health problems of children raised by a single parent.
D) The deciding factor in children’s academic performance.
24. A) Children raised by single parents will have a hard time in theirthirties.
B) Those with a criminal record mostly come from single parent families.
C) Parents must learn to exercise self-control in front of their children.
D) Lack of self-control in parents is a disadvantage for their children.
25. A) Self-control can be improved through education.
B) Self-control can improve one’s financial situation.
C) Self-control problems may be detected early in children.
D) Self-control problems will diminish as one grows up.
ANSWER：16-18? ABC 19-22 DDCD 23-25 BDA